Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hugs and Kisses...


This is a progress shot of my little Hugs and Kisses quilt. I made 100 5" 9-patches and they are set on point. I used this bubblegum pink to set the blocks and plan on doing a 2 1/2" stop border then a border of "hugs" blocks. So far I am loving how this scrap quilt is turning out!!


Another shot of the Hugs and Kisses quilt top. I have 4 "kisses" across and 5 "kisses" down. Hope to have this one done soon!! I owe credit to Bumblebeans,inc. for the inspiration for this fun project and hopefully I am adding my own creative touch to it!!

5 comments:

Nedra said...

Wonderful quilt, Mary. The solid really sets off the blocks. Isn't it fun to use up those scraps and have a quilt turn out so well?

marciea casselman said...

It took me a minute to figure out the pattern--and in this respect it reminds me of Grandma Barwick. Remember how she used to always put x's and o's on all of her cards?

Alissa said...

Mary, the quilt is turning out to be simply adorable! I love it! The pink is unusual and so pretty.

Shaunab said...

I love it Mary! I might just have to make one myself.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love this quilt!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails