Sunday, August 1, 2010

My heart skipped a beat or two....


My sister, Rose, and I got together again on Saturday for a sew day. She showed me Kit's big girl quilt all quilted. She just needs to bind it. I think it is adorable and so girly.

Close up of the quilting...


Rose was also inspired by Janelle Wind's journal cover and made this cutie....



Front view...




She also made these adorable Amy Butler gumdrop pillows for her little kids out of old stash needing to be used up...they love to play with these!!





Matt's gumdrop pillow...






This picture is sideways--pardon my lack of computer skills to turn it properly right side up....love this bird hanger...Rose always makes the cutest things and has them tucked in a corner here and there throughout her house...

She made this adorable rug from a pattern from Sweetwater. Love it as well!!


My heart skipped a beat or two last night....my brother, Jon, dropped by on his motorcycle with something to show me. Now background on Jon...he has so much talent and skill he could literally do anthing he set out to do in this life. He has wanted a Red Baron quilt with the Maltese cross. Because all of his quilting sisters had no idea where to start with this, it never happened. He bought a sewing machine off KSL for $30.00. He went to JoAnns and got some plain red, black and grey fabric. He consulted with many people how to go about creating this quilt and they all suggested that he applique the cross on the quilt. Jon, however, wanted it pieced. He said last night he was no dummy and knew basics like to cut and sew with the grain (as in woodworking, which he is a pro). He knew to take a 1/4" seam and he assembled a queen size quilt that he designed complete with inset curved seams--yes, he did it the hard way. He would not allow me to post the picture of the quilt online as he designed this original and did not want it copied. Just to tell you the quilt is square and is amazing. 1st try at something extemely difficult and he nailed it.

4 comments:

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

A big woohoo to your brother Jon for setting his goals and completeing them without just asking his sisters to do it for him!!!! Love youe isiters quilt too!!!! very cute

Small House said...

ROSE!!! ROSE!! She's amazing. I enjoy seeing all the things that she has made. I see her occasionally as we drive past each other, and don't recognize her until she's gone by. AMAZING ROSE!

I'm catching up, and of course you know I know you're amazing!! How you do it all, I'll never know.

And Jon...I'm not surprised. You are a talented family!!

Have a great day.

Rindy said...

Saturday was a FUN get stuff done day! And I LOVE how clean your pictures make my house look! Let's do it again soon!

DACHA ARTESANA said...

Preciosos todos tus trabajos. Felicidades. Un saludo desde Madrid

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails