Saturday, January 31, 2009

SUPER BOWL SUNDAY--I need a project!!!

I really do not enjoy sports on TV of any kind, but my dear husband and dear son LOVE Super Bowl Sunday. The agenda for Sunday: go to church. Come home and make some very fun snacks, and settle down into a fun project so I can basically ignore what is on TV--therefore, this new project. Three of my wonderful water aerobic friends and I are going to begin stitching for our Thanksgiving quilt, Over the River and Through the Woods...It is absolutely gorgeous. My poor quality of pictures do not do it justice. It is done in creams, tans and black prints with embroidery of winter scenes in black embroidery floss. It has simple piecing and is really an heirloom quality quilt when finished. Wish me luck....

7 comments:

Alissa said...

I'm so excited about this quilt! It really is beautiful, and I think I'll actually be able to get it done with all of us working on it!

Nedra said...

Looks like a beautiful quilt. Good for you to be preparing for Thanksgiving already!

alda said...

oh, it will be a great quilt! I'm nosy to see more soon!

Quilts And Pieces said...

This one is on my list after Winter Wonderland! I LOVE the fabrics you have for it! Feel free to just send it over to me!

Small House said...

You participate in water aerobics to? Good heavens. Question...do you sleep?
Have a good day!

marciea casselman said...

I actually watched the Super Bowl while eating food that was out of this world. Every year we go to our friend's house and have a blast! I can sort of figure out what is going on! It's amazing, I know........

kcenya1950 said...

I love this quilt. I have seen it at several quilt shows. Your fabric choices look terrific. Can't wait to see it

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails