Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sew Day...

 Today we had sew day...two of my sisters were there, my mom and my nieces and nephew...Rose worked on her pin wale corduroy  jacket...it is full lined and coming together beautifully...
 I am making Lori Holt's spool quilt, so I cut out the blocks while I decide how I want to do the borders...
 There are a lot of spool quilts out there right now...I have not got Camille Roskelley's spool quilt pattern yet, but I will cause I love it...but right now, I am making Lori's spool quilt and loving it...
 My mom brought her embroidered Hocus Pocus blocks to trim up, so I helped her with that.  This is a CrabApple Hill pattern and they suggest using freezer paper and give some tips on how to center your embroidery for a real professional result....love that tip!!!
 My sister, Carolyn worked on cutting out Swoon.  Swoon is one of my most favorite patterns right now...just love those big blocks and the impact...
I laid out all of my postage stamp star blocks...yes the blocks are all made!!!  I made it super duper scrappy and just used what I had on hand.  It has been really fun to put together.  It will have yet another scrappy element with a piano keys border...The pops of color just make my heart sing...
My niece, Kristi, sewed a pair of pillowcases...She tries to really avoid sewing if at all possible, so this was a really great thing and they looked great!!!

6 comments:

Gari in AL said...

Wow, what a busy family. And I know you had fun sewing together. I LOVE your scrappy stars. It looks so old fashioned and comfortable. Are there 36 squares in the center of each star?

Material Mary said...

I did make 36 stars and it will have 6 inch piano keys border and will finish at approximately 84" square

Debi said...

You are amazing and an inspiration! Loved your trunk show and My Girlfriends!!

Nedra said...

What a fun day! You are so lucky to share it with family. Love your scrappy stars.

marciea casselman said...

Well, it looks like there was much accomplished that day. I spent Saturday in Park City watching Spiderman and going down the Alpine Slide.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog today, and you have such fun and amazing projects. I could stay on this blog and comment all day long! lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails