Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sister Sew Day


Saturday, I got together with my little sister, Rosie. I was working on the Tidings quilt (labor intensive) while she was finishing up projects such as mending and banners and those adorable gumdrop pillows by Amy Butler...Rosie brought out a project that had wool cut-outs to be appliqued. The freezer paper technique was used, where you take and trace your design on the freezer paper and then iron to the wool. She knows a lady who does extensive applique with wool, who loaned her this pair of scissors. They are by Olfa and let me tell you--it was like slicing through butter--slick. Must have some.

Rose has been paper piecing these 3 1/2" blocks, using Halloween fabric. She is undecided what she is going to do with them, but aren't they fun!! I fell in love with these...


I thought this picture was too cute on the fridge. Kit colored it and I told her it was darling. She said, "Do you want to have it, Aunt Mary?" I told her I would take a picture of it, so I did!!

4 comments:

Nedra said...

The little applique Halloween blocks are wonderful. You will have to show us how your sister ends up using them.

Small House said...

I doesn't get better than that....Rose, Kit and you, having a wonderful day together!!! Have a great day.

marciea casselman said...

Sounds like a good time. Where was everyone else?

A said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!
We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."
It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your interview.
Best regards,
Mike Thomas

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails