Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sew Day and Ward Campouts....


Don't you just love this little scrap quilt--my sister, Rose, built this out of her scrap pile. It is a big girl quilt for the big girl bed for my niece for her birthday in September. It just lacks borders and quilting.

Some scenic shots from the ward campout this weekend. We have a church camp near us called Cinnamon Creek and it is really nice. It has bathrooms nearby and a nice covered patio/seating area for a large crowd to have dinner or breakfast. It really was beautiful and very restful...


This is Porcupine Dam/Resevoir on the way to the campout. The water and mountains were just beautiful....



We pulled all of our camping equipment in one of these handcarts. Pretty handy indeed...




Another view of the dam/resevoir and the mountains...





Some interesting information about the resevoir I thought you might like...we're going camping again in 2 weeks for 3 days....can't wait!!! Oh the communing with nature!!!

2 comments:

Small House said...

"Very Restful" I believe is what you said about girls camp!! HAHAHAHA I hope it was. I do enjoy going to girls camp, and Cinnamon Creek is a beautiful place to go. Glad you enjoyed it!
Sandra

marciea casselman said...

Well Mary, you never cease to amaze me. You are looking forward to camping for 3 days? Wow!
I am camping for 4 days in Idaho at the end of this month and am looking forward to it with a mixture of dread and anticipation.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails