Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fun Day at Gardner Village...


Every year at this time, my family gets together with my mom, sisters and cousins. We meet at Gardner Village and have lunch....we then find our way over to Pine Needles for some lovely quilt shopping.

Isn't this a great Halloween quilt?


The applique on this quilt was so endearing. The paperdolls were just fun. My niece bought a few patterns from this quilt for my sister to work on for her.


This little quilt is so cute for Christmas...
Witches were everywhere...Love this season....

This adorable little girl is my niece. She just turned 4 and got to come with the big girls. My mom made her this adorable little apron and... knitted this gorgeous coat, which is fully lined and has a velvet collar. My mother had started this coat several years ago for other grandchildren, but just recently got it finished and it happened to fit this little sweetheart. My mom does the most beautiful job of knitting and finishing work!!

After a day filled of fun eating and shopping and enjoying each other's company, we were off to Women's Conference. What a great day!!

4 comments:

Nedra said...

The little knit coat is so cute on your neice. What an heirloom that will be.
And I love Gardner Village, especially at Halloween time.

Sherri said...

I, too, love the Halloween decorations at Gardner Village...and you got to go to Women's Conference, too...what fun!

marciea casselman said...

Our blogs are almost identical. The difference is that I didn't put any quilts on. I enjoyed myself so much and was so glad that I went. I look forward to this for a year. Now I can start looking forward to the next year!
Love the witch that hit the round tower on the mill.

Momoo said...

Like the comment above, love the witch on the silo. Sure looks like a fun way to spend a day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails