Friday, August 14, 2009

Julie and Julia...


My daughter won some tickets for dinner and a movie for 2 in Young Women's. She chose to take me with her and wanted to see Julie and Julia. It was absolutely endearing. Julie in the movie loved Julia Child and set out to cook her entire cookbook in one year. It reminds me of my sewing quilts. I am setting out to try to sew up every pattern that I love when the mood strikes me. I LOVE to sew and I LOVE to sew quilts. Absolutely a must see movie. I LOVED IT!!!

5 comments:

Kim Walus said...

My husband and I saw it last night and loved it. It made me want to cook but I love sewing more than I like cooking.

Small House said...

I'm with you!!! A WONDERFUL show!
How nice it was even FREE!!!
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Mary, you will be so proud of me! I pulled out my sewing machine finally and am about to start my first adventures in the sewing world. Pray for me, as I will need it not to sew my finger into the drapes I'm about to embark on. I have a beautiful Bernina though, and it's incredibly quiet. I love it! Well, I'll keep you posted!!

marciea casselman said...

Can't wait to see the movie. I'm planning on going and watching as soon as I can.

Alissa said...

That movie is now on my favorites list. I loved it too! And my mom DOES have that cookbook - I've got to try the Boef Bourginon (or however it's spelled, haha).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails