Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Checking in with Mona...

 Here's how I have set out making Mona...I've attached the pattern with magnets and  have a paper handy to show my place...
 This is the current section I am working on...It has 7 sections of 10 rows and I am currently working on the 5th section...
 the pattern suggests pressing open seams and I have found out that is the only way I can get a good press...very time intensive, but worth it...
 I diligently mark each row with a label telling me what row it is so they stay in order...
This panel shows the chin on the Mona Lisa...I really have had fun doing this quilt.  It is not one for me that I can just whip out.  It is meticulous and accurate so you can get the image right...my fine art piece is on it's way...

5 comments:

Nedra said...

Oh. my. what an endeavor! I stand in awe.

marciea casselman said...

How big is the final product? It looks really hard and time consuming.

Gari in AL said...

This does look like it is going to be really big. I can't imagine the work it is taking to bring her to life.

Leslie said...

I love your wonderful talent...its so fun to see what you are working on. You have great determination working on that lady!

Alissa said...

This is going to be so amazing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails