Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Another UFO...

 This UFO eluded me for a few years.  I could not figure out how to piece the missing section.  I was having a hard time figuring out what block size to put in, etc.  Then, I couldn't figure out what block I wanted to have there.  This project started out as a challenge from our LQS and we were to take the panel and design a quilt around it.  Well--I got this far and it sat for years...needless to say, I did not win the challenge...My Girlfriend's Quilt Shoppe here in my area has a club for UFO's.  We meet on the 3rd Friday of the month at the store from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm.  The company is FABULOUS, the motivation it has created for me to finish up things is FANTASTIC and I get so inspired by all who go there!!!
Yesterday, after coming home from work, I decided I would finish this UFO and get it ready for quilting.  I decided to stay with the churn dash block theme and made a couple...put spacers in between, and did some tweaking and voila...now I can get it quilted and have a little patriotic quilt for our July 4th...

3 comments:

Gari in AL said...

Excellent idea and it looks great.

Nedra said...

It's always so nice to have a finish. I have more UFO's than I can count, and I really need to follow your lead. Nice job on the quilt!

Alissa said...

Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails