Thursday, January 28, 2010

Valentine Mat and Block Jack


Recently, I got this fun kit from Sweetwater on their Etsy site. It was really fun to make. I do need to practice sewing around those tight curves. I even referred to my Fons and Porter magazine on binding inside corners after unpicking the binding. It went on much smoother after that, however, it just pulls around the edges. I guess that takes practice, but look how sweet it turned out...Love it.


Quilt guild is on Wednesday night of next week. Because I won the previous block jack, I am obligated to participate for at least 2 more block jacks. So....I sewed these 2 blocks today. The block jack is called February Flakes and has 12 different designs you can make. I'm excited to see this one put in a quilt because it is so cute. I tried to get my pieces lined up just so, but they are not quite perfect. There was no template or anything but a small picture to go by so I'm a little off--but hey--they are cute enough that I want to do more of these!!





6 comments:

Nedra said...

Binding inside corners is a challenge. It looks like you've done a great job.

marciea casselman said...

Love the table rounder. It is beautiful.

Andrea said...

Wow, I love them. I need to try something like that. Love, Love ,Love it...

Unknown said...

Love your work!

Heather said...

you do such lovely work, glad I came to visit.

Rindy said...

I love the February flakes! It turned out so cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails