Monday, January 4, 2010

Teddy Bear Afghan

My sister got me this pattern some 18-20 years ago. I only received a xerox copy of the pattern and have no idea where to find the book... It is a filet crochet baby afghan with little teddy bears. Over the years, I believe I have made this afghan at least a dozen times and it was one of my children's favorites. I am making this afghan as a request for a little baby boy. I chose this red tweed yarn that is really soft and fun to work with....


This motif will be repeated 3 times more for a total of 4 rows of bears. So what do you think?

7 comments:

Nedra said...

What a wonderful baby gift, and I would say you've gotten your money's worth out of the pattern.

Rae Ann said...

What a darling pattern and your work is great! Be sure to show us when you get it finished.

Small House said...

You know what I think!! It's wonderful. LUCKY little boy!
Have a good day.
Sandra

Kim Walus said...

I'm lov'in it!!!

Alissa said...

You already know that I think it's adorable. It's really unique too. You just don't' see much filet crochet any more.

marciea casselman said...

Ahhh, an old favorite. Gotta love those...

Sherry said...

I found your blog through a web search. I have made this pattern literally hundreds of time; I also only had gotten a photocopy.

Sadly my pattern was lost 2 years ago when we had our basement flood.

I've been searching off & on for the pattern ever since.

Since this post is dated 2010 have you gotten any additional information on it? Any leads you might be able to give me so I can continue my search would be most welcome.

Thank you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails