Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Tone It Down...

Tone It Down...This quilt was featured in American Patchwork and Quilting....it uses low volume fabrics and I really fell in love with it...
 This image was taken from Jolly Jabber, Fat Quarter Shop.  For the sashing in this quilt, a turquoise color was used through out where as in the above photo, the sashing is done with low volume....
 My low volume blocks so far...I have 5 and need another 20 to make this a nice queen size....
Another shot of my quilt block...Today I made a decision to use a colored sashing like the quilt from Fat Quarter Shop, Jolly Jabber...I am thinking of maybe doing a solid there...any suggestions as to what color to use???

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

What happy blocks! Are you staying with the oranges and reds for your chains? That might influence my suggestion, but I was thinking a pretty blue might look good.

Nedra said...

Mary, I have started gathering fabrics to make Tone It Down, also. Love this quilt! I'm making it more like Camille's original and using low volume for the blocks. If you want to use solid sashings, the aqua/turquoise color is pretty :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails