Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fabulous Weekend...

 Normally, I don't kiss and tell, but we had a wedding...Our eldest son got married today.  It was the most beautiful day and I gained a new daughter...
 The bride and groom...
 Dashing couple...
 Friday, I hosted our 8th annual quilt retreat again...This is a family affair and we had family come in from Washington and California and all over Utah...
 This year, we all had to sew 4 blocks of the pattern Mumbo Jumbo by Pie in the Sky.  I first saw the pattern on Nedra's blog from Cactus Needle and have loved it ever since...
I prepared all the half square triangle centers and everyone brought a bunch of precut strips to sew these blocks...
 After the blocks were all sewn,
 Marciea, my sister above won all the blocks so she will have a twin size quilt when she sets the blocks...
 Each block represented the fabric choices of the person who made it and it was fun to see how they all came together...
 Even my mom was building blocks...
 Great time was had by all and we established memories once again...
So, if you want to establish a fun tradition, think of hosting a quilt retreat...it has been a great big fun party each and every year!!!!

5 comments:

Nedra said...

Congratulations on your son's wedding! What a beautiful couple, and I can see they were married in the amazing Manti Temple.
BTW-The pattern name is Mumbo GUMBO by Pie In The Sky in case anyone else wants to make it. What a fun project for your group. I'd love to see the finished quilt.

~Niki~ said...

what great pics! congrats to your son and dil.
the quilt in looks fun! wish i could join you!

Richardson said...

Oh how exciting a wedding! I can't wait to come to SLC to visit next month and going to the Temples.
I love your quilts, wish my family quilted, I may have to have someone adopt me. HEHEHEHEHEHE
Hugs,
Vicki R
sunraesban@yahoo.com

Alissa said...

(Nedra, that's the Logan temple)

I'm glad everything went so well Mary! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh what a beautiful couple! Looks like it was a wonderful day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails