Thursday, February 4, 2010

Patchwork Friends Quilt Guild


Tonight, we learned English paper piecing. This gorgeous quilt was mostly constructed in the early 30's when the girl was 17. It was later finished by a daughter-in-law and hand quilted.
Another example of English paper piecing on a small quilt.
Large scale English paper piecing--this is more my speed. Maybe I could get it done in this lifetime....
Show and share--cute little
patriotic quilt...


a cherry delight quilt...

adorable whimsical flower quilt...

wall hanging all hand done and darling...

Eric Carle, The Hungry Catepillar (I'm sure I'm not spelling this right) for a little boy...

Buggy Barn crazy quilt which was awesomely machine quilted by Lisa as well...
Paper doll quilt for grandchildren...

Doll quilt for a grand child...

Backside of Hocuspocusville...an invitation to the witches party....

Front side of Hocuspocusville with log cabin blocks instead of 9 patches....truly gorgeous...

Stitched fabric note cards...so fun and practical--love them...a very productive evening with a lot of talented ladies...

4 comments:

marciea casselman said...

There are some really nice quilts there. I do love Carolyn's Hocus Pocus.
By the way, I almost have the top completed for Swap Meet. I actually have had the blocks sewn together for a long time but I wanted to put borders on. I bought the fabric and then promptly forgot about it. I ran into the project the other day and pulled it out and little by little have been sewing it together. It is lovely.
Oh, and I have Charlotte ready for the quilter. Charlotte is the bow-tie quilt I was working on at last sew day. I decided to put a red border all around the finished product to add some excitement. I got online and found the print I wanted, ordered it and sewed it on. The finished product is delightful.

Kitty said...

They're so great! I love quilts. :) One day, I fully intend to learn how to make them myself.

Nedra said...

Your group really made some great quilts. I especially love the Hocus Pocus setting with the log cabins.

Quilts And Pieces said...

What a fun show and tell! That Hocuspocusville is wonderful. Boy would I love to have that one.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails