Friday, October 23, 2009

Tip of the Day.....

When appliqueing with fusible web--do you ever have trouble removing the paper without destroying the piece of fabric beneath or removing the web that was adhered? I have done all of the above. I have been working on appliqueing small pieces and remembered a tip that I read long ago, I forget the source. You score the back of the paper with a pin. I like to do it about in the middle... Then grab ahold of the paper and it will remove really smoothly...
Peel it off on one side then peel off the other side.
The edges don't fray out with this and the fusible stays fused to the fabric--whoohoo....

Happy fusing....

2 comments:

marciea casselman said...

So Mary, who did your photography? I imagine you have Curtis standing over you snapping away.
Anyway, this is a great idea.
Thanks.

Nedra said...

I had heard this tip a long time ago, but had forgotten. Thanks for the reminder.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails